Anastasia Tzevelekou is an arbitration lawyer based in London. She speaks English, French and Greek.
Anastasia holds an LL.M. in International Business Law from the London School of Economics, as well as an LL.M. in International Commercial Arbitration and a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, both from Democritus University of Thrace in Greece.
Prior to joining Aceris Law, Anastasia worked for two years at KPV Legal, a boutique arbitration/litigation firm in Athens, assisting with international arbitration cases.
Aceris Law LLC – Associate
Anastasia represents the clients of Aceris Law LLC under the direction and supervision of the founding partner, William Kirtley. She has worked on various cases under the ICC, LCIA, DIFC-LCIA, SCC and other rules of arbitration, as well as on ad hoc arbitrations and dispute board proceedings in the construction & engineering, oil & gas, distribution, technology, automotive pharmaceutical and other industries, and on investor-State arbitrations.
Aceris Law LLC – Trainee
As a trainee, Anastasia was involved in an ICC construction arbitration under Saudi law, an ICC arbitration involving the creation of cryptocurrency exchange software under US law, and in dispute board proceedings concerning the construction of an electric transmission line. She has also assisted with drafting settlement agreements and a legal memorandum for the potential acquisition of a large arbitral award against an African State by a Swiss third-party funder, focusing on enforcement issues.
KPV Legal | International Arbitration & Litigation – Trainee
Anastasia worked in a team representing an airline company in SCC expedited proceedings in a dispute involving leased aircraft. She also assisted in defending a construction company in annulment proceedings concerning a EUR 8.5m arbitration award before Greek courts.
RECENT INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION LEGAL EXPERIENCE
- Counsel in LCIA arbitration under English law on behalf of a Middle Eastern company against an American multinational conglomerate in the oil & gas sector (settled on favourable terms)
- Counsel in LCIA arbitration under English law on behalf of a Saudi client against a Chinese company concerning the breach of a sales and purchase agreement in the steel sector
- Counsel in dispute board construction proceedings under Georgian law on behalf of a State-owned Respondent against an Indian company in the electricity industry
- Counsel in SCC arbitration under English law for an Asian Respondent against a Saudi company in a dispute concerning a logistics contract
- Assistant of Co-Arbitrator in a DIFC-LCIA arbitration between two Saudi companies concerning an EPC contract
- Counsel in ICC arbitration under U.S. law for a Chinese Claimant against an American entity in the cryptocurrency industry (settled on favourable terms)
- Counsel in ICC construction arbitration under Saudi Law on behalf of Saudi Claimant against a Saudi contractor (settled on favourable terms)
- Counsel for an English company in ICC dispute against an African company in the technology and media sectors
- Counsel for Spanish and African companies in ICC dispute under Swiss law against a Danish company concerning a distribution agreement in the pharmaceutical industry
- Counsel for an American client in ICC dispute under Swiss law against an Italian manufacturer regarding a distribution agreement in the automotive sector
- Advising a Swiss third-party funder on the potential acquisition of a multimillion arbitral award against an African state
- Athens Bar, Greece
London School of Economics (2018/2019), United Kingdom
- LL.M. in International Business Law
- First-Class Honours Dissertation: “Arbitration Agreements: The Problem of Characterization”
- Modules: International Commercial Arbitration; Investment Treaty Law; International Commercial Litigation; Private International Law; International Business Transactions: Advanced Procedures and Tactics; Competition Law; E-Commerce Law.
Democritus University of Thrace (2017/2018), Greece
- LL.M. in International Commercial Arbitration (Rank: 1st)
- Modules: Arbitration Agreements; Arbitral Procedure; Advanced Issues of Applicable Law; Res Judicata of Arbitral Awards; Recognition and Enforcement of Arbitral Awards.
Democritus University of Thrace (2012/2016), Greece
- Bachelor of Laws in Greek, European and International Law (Rank: 5th)