Aceris Law is pleased to announce the successful resolution of an arbitration case for another of our clients, based in the UAE, in the construction industry. The dispute, which was governed by the laws of Switzerland, concerned defects in construction work being carried out in Egypt and payment disputes, and it was resolved under the Swiss Rules of International Arbitration.
Our team of skilled attorneys worked tirelessly to represent our client’s interests and negotiate a favorable outcome. We were able to successfully navigate the complex legal landscape of international arbitration and achieve a resolution that met our client’s needs and expectations.
Construction arbitrations involve a wide range of disputes, including:
- Contract disputes: These disputes can arise when one party fails to fulfil its obligations under the contract, such as failing to complete the work on time or to the agreed-upon specifications.
- Payment disputes: These disputes can arise when one party refuses to pay for work that has been completed, or when there is a disagreement over the amount owed.
- Delay disputes: These disputes can arise when one party alleges that the other party’s actions or inactions caused a delay in the project.
- Defects in construction: These disputes can arise when one party alleges that the other party’s work is defective or fails to meet the agreed-upon specifications.
- Change order disputes: These disputes can arise when one party seeks to make changes to the scope of work after the contract has been signed, and there is a disagreement over the cost and impact of those changes.
- Termination disputes: These disputes can arise when one party seeks to terminate the contract due to the other party’s alleged breach of contract.
These are just a few examples of the types of disputes that can arise in construction arbitrations. It is important to have experienced legal representation to navigate these complex disputes and achieve a successful resolution.
At Aceris Law, we have a team of experienced attorneys who specialize in international arbitration and have a track record of successfully resolving disputes for clients in the construction industry.
William Kirtley, Nina Jankovic and Bendegúz Soós-Nagy were the primary lawyers staffed on the matter.
We are proud of the work we do and the results we achieve for our clients. If you or your company are facing a dispute in the construction industry, do not hesitate to reach out to our team for experienced legal representation. We are here to help you navigate the complex world of international arbitration and achieve a successful resolution, always in a cost-effective manner.