Isabela Monnerat Mendes, Arbitration Lawyer
Isabela Monnerat Mendes is a Brazilian national. She is authorized to practice law in Brazil and has passed the examination required to practice law in Paris. She is fluent in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish and has studied in civil and common law jurisdictions.
Isabela has an LL.M. in Comparative and International Dispute Resolution in London at the Queen Mary University of London. She also obtained a Master 2 in Arbitration and International Commerce at the University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines as well as a law degree at the Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo with Honors.
She has been involved in numerous cases under the arbitration rules of several institutions such as the ICC, the LCIA, the LCAM, the ICDR, the CAM-CCBC, amongst others. Isabela has also served as counsel in UNCITRAL ad hoc arbitrations and on investment arbitration cases.
Isabela has published a number of articles on investor-State arbitration, in English and Portuguese, and speaks fluent English, French, Portuguese and Spanish.
Aceris Law LLC – Associate
Isabela represents the clients of Aceris Law LLC under the direction and supervision of the founding partner William Kirtley. Isabela has worked on various cases under the ICC, SCC, ICSID, LCAM, ICDR and LCIA rules of arbitration, as well as on UNCITRAL ad hoc arbitrations. Recent cases were conducted under the laws of England and Wales, Saudi Arabia, and New York. Isabela has also assisted with expert reports in the fields of investment arbitration and public international law.
Alfredo De Jesús O. | Transnational Arbitration & Litigation – Associate
Isabela worked in a team defending a State in investment arbitration cases under the ICSID’s Additional Facility rules and defending a national oil and gas company under the ICC rules. She also assisted one arbitrator in arbitrations involving Brazilian parties conducted under the ICC rules of arbitration.
Clifford Chance LLP – Trainee
As a trainee, Isabela assisted with the drafting and filing of legal briefs, memoranda and witness statements in ICC arbitration cases. She carried out several legal researches for commercial arbitration cases. She was involved in cases under French, Brazilian and Belgian law.
Dechert LLP – Law Clerk
Isabela worked on arbitral proceedings under the auspices of the ICC, ICSID arbitration rules and under the CAM-CCBC rules. She also participated in the drafting of memoranda, arbitral procedural acts, and articles. She also assisted with the drafting and filing of legal briefs.
Recent international arbitration
- Counsel in LCIA arbitration under English law
- Counsel in ICC arbitration under Swiss law
- Counsel in LCAM arbitration under Saudi law
- Counsel in SCC arbitration under Uzbek law
- Counsel in ad hoc arbitration under Saudi law
- Counsel in ICDR arbitration under New York law
- Assistant of Legal Expert in an investment arbitration case
Queen Mary University of London, United Kingdom
- LL.M in Comparative and International Dispute Resolution (with merits)
- International Trade and Investment Dispute Settlement; English Company Law; Comparative and International Dispute Resolution; International Economic Law.
Paris-Saclay University, France
- Master 2 in Arbitration and International Trade (MACI)
- Commercial Arbitration; International Trade Law; International and European Company Law; International Judicial Litigation; Investment Arbitration.
Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, PUC-SP, Brazil
- Law School, five years of Higher Education (with Honours)
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Passed Paris Bar Exam (Article 100)